“A coach has some great questions for your answers;
a mentor has some great answers for your questions.”
- Ministry of Testing Dojo: Ask Me Antyhing w/ Toby Sinclair: Coaching
- Brefigroup: Coaching and mentoring – the difference
- Ministry Of Testing Club: Reading or books about mentoring / coaching?
- Karo Stoltzenburg: Coaching
Software Testing Clinic Session Mentoring:
* Seven Basic Tools of Quality – Cause-and-effect diagram, Check sheet, Control chart, Histogram, Pareto chart, Scatter diagram, Stratification (alternately, flow chart or run chart)
* Successful Workshops – a Mindmap by Ash Winter
Ansible is not about commands, it’s about states. So it will make sure path x is empty, or file x is in place y, but it doesn’t care whether it has to do something for this.
- Troy Hunt: Speaker style bingo: 10 presentation anti-patterns
Identifies common speaker types representing anti-patterns like The Bullet Pointer or The Apologist, while giving example checklists and good practices.
- Karo Stoltzenburg: PechaKucha: Now you see it – now you don’t
Reflections on what works better and what works less when presenting, from example presentations in the PechaKucha format (20 images, each shown for exactly 20 seconds).
Don’t be a know-it-all; be a learn-it-all. Stay humble. Get feedback. Practice. Experiment.